Improve your facial profile with
HOW KYBELLA® WORKS
The active ingredient in KYBELLA® is synthetic deoxycholic acid. Deoxycholic acid is a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. When injected into the fat beneath the chin, KYBELLA® destroys fat cells, resulting in a noticeable reduction in fullness under the chin. Once destroyed, these cells can no longer store or accumulate fat, so further treatment is not expected once you reach your desired aesthetic goal.
How is KYBELLA® administered?
Treatment can only be administered by a KYBELLA®-trained healthcare specialist. At each treatment, you will receive multiple small injections under your chin, and the injection process takes about 15 to 20 minutes. The exact number of injections will depend on the amount of fat you have under your chin and your desired profile.
KYBELLA may be right for you if:
- You’re bothered (unhappy, self-conscious, embarrassed) by fat under the chin, also known as submental fullness
- You feel the condition makes you look older or heavier than you actually are
- You don’t want to have surgery
- You eat well and exercise, but submental fullness does not go away
What is submental fullness?
How does KYBELLA work?
How long will results last?
When injected into fat under the chin, KYBELLA® causes the destruction of fat cells. Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat. After reaching your desired aesthetic, further treatment is not expected.
What is KYBELLA®
KYBELLA is a prescription medicine and is the only FDA-approved injectable treatment used in adults to improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin (submental fat), also called “double chin.”
It is not known if KYBELLA is safe and effective for use outside of the submental area or in children less than 18 years of age.
How many treatments will I need?
Your specialist will create a tailored treatment plan based on your chin profile. At each treatment, you will be given multiple small injections under your chin. You may receive up to 6 treatment sessions, spaced at least 1 month apart. Many patients experience visible results in 2 to 4 KYBELLA® treatments. 59% of patients received 6 treatments in clinical studies.
What should I tell my doctor before treatment?
Before receiving KYBELLA, tell Wellspring about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- Have had or plan to have surgery on your face, neck, or chin
- Have had cosmetic treatments on your face, neck, or chin
- Have had or have medical conditions in or near the neck area
- Have had or have trouble swallowing
- Have bleeding problems
- Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant (it is not known if KYBELLA will harm your unborn baby)
- Are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed (it is not known if KYBELLA passes into your breast milk)
- Are taking any medications, especially blood thinners
What should I expect?
Before starting treatment, your we will examine the area under and around your chin to determine if KYBELLA is right for you. Then, your specialist will tailor your treatment to the amount of fat under the chin and your aesthetic goals.
Make your appointment today
Our highly trained, experienced staff place individual patient care and service above all else.
APPROVED USE AND IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
What is KYBELLA®?
KYBELLA® is a prescription medicine used in adults to improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin (submental fat), also called “double chin.”
It is not known if KYBELLA® is safe and effective for the treatment of fat outside of the submental area or in children under 18 years of age.
Who should not receive KYBELLA®?
Do not receive KYBELLA® if you have an infection in the treatment area.
Before receiving KYBELLA®, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you: Have had or plan to have surgery on your face, neck, or chin; have had cosmetic treatments on your face, neck, or chin; have had or have medical conditions in or near the neck area; have had or have trouble swallowing; have bleeding problems; are pregnant or plan to become pregnant (it is not known if KYBELLA® will harm your unborn baby); are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed (it is not known if KYBELLA® passes into your breast milk).
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Especially tell your healthcare provider if you take a medicine that prevents the clotting of your blood (antiplatelet or anticoagulant medicine).
What are the possible side effects of KYBELLA®?
KYBELLA® can cause serious side effects, including
- Nerve injury in the jaw (which can cause an uneven smile or facial muscle weakness)
- Trouble swallowing
- Injection site problems including: a collection of blood under the skin (hematoma) or bruising, damage to an artery or vein if KYBELLA® is inadvertently injected into it, hair loss, open sores (ulcers), damage and tissue cell-death (necrosis) around the injection site. Call your healthcare provider if you: begin to develop weakness in the muscles of your face, or your smile becomes uneven; have difficulty swallowing, or if any of the symptoms that you already have get worse; develop open sores or drainage from the treatment area
The most common side effects of KYBELLA® include swelling, pain, numbness, redness, and areas of hardness in the treatment area.
These are not all of the possible side effects of KYBELLA®. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.